Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weekend report... aka snoozefest May 08

How do you take a full 48 hours and make them feel as short as possible? Call them Saturday and Sunday and be "off work"... that's how.

So starting with Friday.....
I got off work at 3:30 and ran home and showered. Then I met my friend Angie at Hancock (or "the cock" as she calls it) fabrics.... where I signed away the rights to my first born child buying fabric and patterns. (In my defense, both the patterns and the fabric were on sale. Like a big sale.. the patterns were $1.99 a piece and the fat quarters were 1.49 each.)

Then we went to our favorite restaurant "Penn Station" for dinner (Philly S&C w/ fries). I got home probably around 9:30... I played with my fabric for a bit, ironed some that I am going to start a quilt with and then... well... I went to bed. What? I'm old. Shut up.

Saturday morning Mark and I woke up around 8:30 and went to breakfast (Hardees, chicken biscuit, the hashbrowns, sweet tea). Then we went to Lowes... where we sold the rights to our second born child. We bought paint for the "Study". A beautiful color.

Around 12:30 I met up with Angie and we went to our (my) favorite fabric store, Quilting Adventures. There I sold the rights to my THIRD child buying yet more fabric. This fabric had a specific purpose though (as if that helps). It's for the the window treatments in the "Study"... I bought Batik and a java blender for the border.

After all the shopping adventures we stopped for an iced coffee, of course. Then we went to our friend Jessica's jewelry party. Neither of us bought anything because we'd "shot our wad" at the fabric stores... but the eats were good, the company was great... so a good time was had regardless.

I came home and played with fabric and hung out with Marky-Mark... nothing too interesting or worth reading in a blog.

Sunday was nmore of the same... I was woken up by Mark at 8:30 am... this might've irritated me, but he wanted some booty so it was ok. (hee) We followed that up with Breakfast w/ my dad and his girlfriend...

We planted those Roses from a few posts back... that was good because it rained heavily about 30 minutes afterwards. Then there was boring movie watching... we went to see "Prince Caspian" in the afternoon. I liked it, more than Mark did.

There was some sadness this weekend too... One of my coworkers past away yesterday morning. His name was Art. He was a really cool guy. I didn't know him very well. I didn't go to his Wake tonight nor will I go to his funeral tomorrow... but he'll be missed.

So it's almost 11... I've been studying since about 7pm straight and I'm tired... Gotta go get some zzzz's so I can start the work week. (UGH)

1 comment:

Angie said...

Oh, Quilting Adventures is for SURE my favorite fabric store too baby! I'm just trying to be good for awhile- ha!