Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I Heart Nathan Fillion!!!


This morning when I get off of work at 7:30 am I am going to go have a Castle marathon to catch up on the season. 

I first fell in love with Mr. Fillion during "Firefly" then "Serenity"... he was a creepy preacher on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" also.  He is such a fun actor and he's done so much work with Joss Whedon, who creates such great shows and characters you just have to adore him. 

So now he's had his own show, Castle, for a few seasons now.  The show is so much fun. It is a very modern "Murder She Wrote."  Now, wait, I know that sounds horrible... but in todays world, so much tv is based on sex or drugs or violence... not that those are bad things. Shows like "Breaking Bad" are clever and smart.  But it's refreshing to watch a show that has humor and drama and easy murder mysteries.  That's what Murder She Wrote was for me as a kid.  My family and I would watch it on Sunday nights. It came on CBS, I think, at 8pm. We would sit all together in the living room with our notepads and watch the show and write down our opinions of "whodoneit." I was never right. At least I don't remember being right.  I'm often right these days, but that doesn't take away the fun factor.

So yeah, I enjoy it so very much.  His Character, Rick Castle, is suave and nerdy at the same time. I love his off-the-wall theories and ideas. He's great. Becket, his romantic interest, is ok. She's the dry no-nonsense half, which the show needs, but it makes her less interesting to me.

So watch it. It's great!

No comments: