Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 3, 2011

11 years... unbelievable.

Today, at about 5:45 am will mark the 11th year since my mom, Libby, passed away. It is really difficult to fathom that it has been this long. So many things have changed since 2000.  I got divorced, remarried, had a baby, 4 miscarriages, became estranged and reconnected with my dad and sister... we bought a house, lost a house, moved to the ghetto (Prince George style.) just to name a few of the bigger items.

And yet, after all this, I know she'd still be proud of me. Concerned about me maybe, but proud just the same.   If all this had happened and I didn't have Quinn I would not feel this way. But having him has changed my perspective. I get it. I know that if he were in my situation and had been through what I have, I would still love him so fiercely that I could not feel anything but pride.  It's so good to know she'd feel this way. Still... I miss her so much. I tell Quinn about her all the time. I show him pictures. I sing him her favorite songs. I tell him how incredibly much she would be in love with him and how I know she is so sad she can't be there to tell him herself.  I guess I just have to love him double time for the both of us.

If I could tell her one thing... RIP mom. We're O.K.

No comments: