Total Pageviews

Monday, November 7, 2011

Disappointing people

First, I'll admit, I'm not always easy to deal with, live with, be with. I'm sure Mark could attest to that, though I don't think he would admit it.  But to be fair to myself, I'm a really nice person. Like REALLY nice. I'm thoughtful and generous and when I love you, there's no getting out of it.

The last week has been rough though.  With the anniversary of my mom's passing I wanted my family to be together. Not to mourn, though that is always part of things this time of year, but to just be.  My sister doesn't care for my dad's girlfriend and so refused to join us.  It's petty and attention-seeking behavior, but it annoys me all the same. Why not put that aside to be with us? Why punish me, dad, your nephew just to show your tail? I don't get it. It was really disappointing. I really needed her this weekend.  I am not one to reach out when I need help, but I did this time and she shot me down.  She says she's coming down next weekend, but I'll be shocked if she does.

Then... grrrrr... my sister-in-law is a peach.  She and her husband went on a vacation. They brought back my two nephews gifts, but nothing for Quinn.  I don't need them to spend money on my kid... but it bothered me that they'd snub him that way. Why not be fair? Treat all three of them equally? She doesn't like me, so I'm 100% sure that was what the issue was and this was her way of showing me.  I get it. Thanks for the update, the feeling is mutual- especially if you keep doing shit like this.  I don't want my boy's feelings hurt over stuff like this.  He doesn't deserve to be excluded, it's not his fault that we don't get along. I know he doesn't "get it" right now and the other two getting presents isn't affecting him at all... but it will, and soon. He's a smart kid and he'll pick up on it. What do I tell him? Sorry they don't like me so you don't get to be treated nicely? That's not cool. Not cool at all.

In good news tonight... when Mark was putting Quinn to bed I was laying down to rest before work tonight.  Mark got him dressed in his pj's and Quinn came running into our bedroom and cried to get up on our bed with me.  He (voluntarily) gave me a big, fat, wet night-night kiss. GOD BLESS that boy! I love him more than there are words.

2 comments:

Michael Capalbo said...

I'm sorry Jennifer. Family drama sucks. And it sucks even more in your case because (a) you're going through an emotional week thinking of your mom, and (b) you just want Quinn to be treated nicely.

Michael Capalbo said...

You know you will have to teach him at some point that some people just don't get along, but understandably you'd rather the lesson to come this early this close to home.

I hope the sun shines fully for you next week, if it isn't already!