Total Pageviews

Friday, September 12, 2008

randomness dejour....

It's been a bit since I posted, a couple weeks or something... so here's some generic stuff that will probably bore you, but for posterity, it must be said.

1) School started. I hate it. I have a test on Tuesday. I am already tired.

2) Second job started. Just orientation so far. The thing about the orientation was that it was 2 whole days with a third day in a month for now. Stressful when dealing with my full time job.

At orientation a couple of interesting things happened (If you have a loose interpretation of interesting anyway.): First, why do people talk to you when you're on the toilet? I mean, I want to pee in peace. I don't want to talk to anyone, much less people I don't even know. Not just a hello, I mean continuous conversation! And how to tell strangers to STFU without actually saying STFU?! I don't know.

Another interesting thing: Frog Eye Salad. It was yummy, but I'm glad I didn't know the title of it prior to eating it.

One thing that was talked about at the orientation was "disengaged employees"... it distinguished between just being disengaged and being "actively" disengaged. I am somewhere between the two, but leaning more toward the just regular disengaged. In all seriousness, I will give the orientation credit for giving me some perspective, reminding me why I chose to do what I do. I think it helped me become a bit more focused in my full time job, so that part is very good, IMO.

3) Sewing class: I have the quilt top about 1/3rd done. I didn't feel like participating in the present-your-quilts-for-critiquing last night... so I skipped that part and told the teacher I had it all planned out already. I'm not 100% sure that's accurate, but I was moody and I'm not sure I would've handled criticism very well last night. So now I have to do it by myself. Here's to hoping I don't fuck it up, right?

4) I am on-call this weekend. I have a test I desperately need to study for. A quilt that I want to work on very much. And I have to work. Life is going to be difficult for me for a while until I can get into the rhythm of working all the time and not being able to do what I want to do. :sigh:

Ok.. I gotta get some work done. I'll BBL for more probably. I have plenty to bitch about.

Cheers.

4 comments:

Robbyn said...

I'm with you on peeing in peace. Unless someone needs the TP, they should just zip it.

Will you post a pic sometime of the quilt-in-progress? I'd love to see it!

You are SuperWoman to carry that schedule! Hope things settle into a more manageable routine soon. In the meantime, bitch away!

The Boss of this page said...

oh man, i wonder if i talk to people when they are peeing and thinking STFU!? now i'll be self conscious. and quiet.
and i would love to see the quilt top!

Unknown said...

Boss, I don't mind if it's someone I know... but this wasn't. This was a stranger. And it wasn't just a Hi, how ya doin'? It was full on conversation. ya know?

I'll post a pic of the quilt top now... I pieced it all together, but its borders aren't on yet. (or cut, but that's a different topic. ha)

Mar said...

Just reading this makes me tired for you. I love the quilt by the way. I wish I had mad skills like you do!