Total Pageviews

Friday, September 26, 2008

So I lost my engagement ring...


I literally went to bed one night with it and woke up without it. Literally. I got in the car and was on my merry way to work. I looked down and my rings were GONE. I turned around and drove back home. I located my wedding band on the floor at the foot of the bed. The engagement ring is GONE. It's so disappointing because the rings go together. They are unique and beautiful and precious to me. Makes me so sad.

So I put it through to the insurance company. I'm getting back a decent amount of money. But not enough to replace it. And we cannot afford to fill in the rest. (About $600 more than what we're getting... but that's $599 more than what we have extra right not.)

So... now I'm on the search for a "filler" ring. Something that I can wear and love, but that can easily be replaced (emotionally) when we can afford to get a "real" ring.

So.. bye bye dear engagement ring:

6 comments:

Gina said...

Did one of the critters eat it maybe? Hopefully it will just show up!

Mar said...

OMG, I would be sick to my stomach if that happened to me. Sometimes I forget to put them back on after I lotion my legs, and go off to work, and I feel naked and panicked all day long. Im sorry.....it still may turn up.

SewAmy said...

omg, I am so sorry. I would be so upset if I lost my ring.

Angie said...

So sorry babes! I still have hope that you'll find it somewhere in the house!!

Unknown said...

Thanks girls. I am really hopeful that I'll find it one day. It is so pretty and unique. It's really depressing that I can't find it. Mark really outdid himself with the ring purchase.

I miss it. :(

Barbie Girl said...

I have faith that you will find it eventually!