Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Slack, cutting myself some...

Right, I said I was going to post every day for November. My intentions were, are, good.  But November is an extremely difficult month for me. My mom's passing, then her birthday, then Thanksgiving usually pulls me out of whatever funk I've let myself get into and I feel better.  But this year, with my e-friend's passing and her small children and her husband left behind... well, it's been very heavy on my heart.  I've been having some concentration issues and a whole lot of feeling sorry for myself stuff. So I've decided to cut myself some slack. Let it go.

Here's a story my friend told me last night:
A plumber was called to a man's house to fix a leaking toilet. After he fixed it, he went to leave but his car wouldn't start. The man offered the plumber a ride home which was accepted.   Upon arrival at the plumber's home he asked the man in for supper. At first the man refused, not wanting to impose, but the plumber insisted.  On the way to the door the plumber stopped by a large oak in his front yard. He gazed at the tree, rubbed some leaves and then walked with the man into the house.

The man had a wonderful time with the plumber's family. When it was time to leave the plumber walked him out to his car.  The man said he had only one question for the plumber, he asked him why he stopped at that old oak and rubbed the leaves.  The plumber said that he does that every night, he rubs all the worries and fears out so he never takes them inside to burden and weigh upon his family.
It's time to plant a tree folks. It's time to take the worry and stress off my shoulders and let God handle them.  I can change a lot of things about myself, but I can't change the past and I can't change how others handle situations. I can only do what I think is right and good and let the chips fall where they may.

So, this weekend is fall cleaning. Sort of like Spring Cleaning, only in the fall.


No comments: