Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 4, 2012

The String Test

Ok, yeah, most old wives tales are a little hokey. I know.  But this? This is cool!

The idea is you put a wedding band (it does not need to be YOURS) on a string. The person you're "testing" holds their right hand palm up and you dangle the string with the band hanging down over their palm.  If the string moves circular- it's a girl. If the string swings back and forth- it's a boy. If the string doesn't move- you won't give birth. You repeat the process to determine how many children you'll have and what gender.

So that's the idea in a nutshell. I read that if you're already pregnant you can dangle it at your babybump and it'll do the same thing to tell the gender, but as I am not pregnant this is not applicable to me yet.

My coworker Rou told me about this trick and, like you are now, I scoffed. Silliness. But then she showed me- I am going to have two boys. It swayed back and forth twice then stopped the third try.  We then went to another co-worker Linh. She has two children, a girl first, then a boy. And what do you think happened? First it went round and round, then it swayed back and forth, then nothing. Yes, Seriously.  Then we tried another co-worker Kim... same results- she has two girls, two round and round and then a stop.

So it's very exciting to "know" I'm going to have another boy when I get pregnant again... and to be relaxed about having another one because I will.

And yeah, I know that this is for entertainment purposes... sort of like your horoscope. But it was fun and eerily accurate... so I'm a believer.

No comments: