Total Pageviews

Monday, April 28, 2008

If I can't sleep... you can't sleep!

This is apparently my husband's motto and we're about to battle over it.

Last night I was dosing off on the sofa... almost asleep.. he starts asking "honey are you sleepin'?" I grumbled my yes and then he decided it was a good idea to throw a dog toy (plastic football) at me... just to make sure. Now, I love my husband and I know he loves me, but this behavior? This is bullshit.

So I get up and stomp off, expressing my anger with a huffy silence, and he asks me what's wrong. I tell him he's a jackass and I'm sick of him being selfish and there's no purpose in him waking me up. He says "But I missed you." WTF-ever. No.

So tonight he was dosing off on the sofa and about every 15 minutes I'd ask him if he was hungry/thirsty/tired... whatever, just to keep him from sleeping. I'm a bitch, yes... but I don't care. Ok, I care. I don't want to that girl. I just want to sleep.

Another thing he does... he hates it when I go to bed before him. He can function on 5-6 hours of sleep, I cannot. I tell him this, I explain that I need 8-9 hours of sleep per night. He just doesn't believe me.

I'm not sure what else I can do to explain all this to him. I am considering knocking him out every night when I want to go to sleep... but what do I use? A bat? drugs? hypnosis?

Maybe I'll try them all and see which one works the fastest!

No comments: