Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Seriously Thought Provoking Questions!

I was watching TV today... Ok, I was watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer (again) today. In the specific episode that these questioned occurred to me, Spike had killed 10-12 people and then had to drink pigs blood for sustenance while he came "off" the "juice."  So here's the deal:

1) Do Vampires have a blood type preference? I know in True Blood they bottled, synthetic blood has a type.  And in Angel, Lorne's bar, they have specific type blood and plasma available.  So do they really have a "type"?

2) Do Vampires worry about blood born pathogens? AIDS, Hepatitis, etc... Wouldn't they be better off to get their blood from the blood service after it's had its testing performed?

3) Do women taste different than men? What about different ethnicity? Does age make a difference? Can they tell if the "donor" is old, young or middle aged?

4) If someone is ill, ie the flu, cancer, has the herp or a case of Syphillis... can they tell? Do they care? Will they get it?

I wish I knew a real vampire so I could get the answers to these questions? It's sad to be so puzzled with no hope of clarification.

2 comments:

Suzie said...

I would have to imagine they do. In Anne Rice's books Lastate mentions his preferred taste to be young men and being able to smell the diseased blood. Being that they are dead I would imagine nothing could live long in their vein.

In the Underworld series ad well as in Anne Rice's series Vampires who drink on each other can see into each other's memories. I wonder if they see their dinner's memories as well.

Unknown said...

Anne Rice's Vamps are... well... too effiminent for me. I am not sure I can trust this information. Perhaps I can rely on "Underworld."