Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the great moms, grandmoms, terrific Aunts and cousins and Godmothers... everyone who loves anyone like a parent would love a child. Here's to you, CHEERS!!!

So today was a rough day, but I had a fun little surprise from my Mens today.  Mark came home from working and picked up Quinn and took him to the hardware store to pick up something or another.  They walk in from that and Mark says to Quinn to show me what he has... Quinn has the BEST smile. Ear to Ear. He hands me the mother's day card and then comes to me for a hug... these two things were the most glorious things ever.  He doesn't know about Mother's day, but he was excited to give me the card and the hug. He is just so awesome. 

So the card is sweet, of course.  Then Mark says they picked out a couple of things for our new house.  A gnome for good luck. The gnome is awesome. Not a traditional gnome, an awesome fun gnome.  And a beautiful wooden red cardinal. 

A few years ago Mark bought a chubby blue bird for his Nana.  But I loved it so I told him I wanted to keep it and he got me another one. So they sit side-by-side, aka love birds.  Also recently, Mark has started yelling "RED BIRD" every time he sees a cardinal.  So the other day I started yelling out anything I saw... squirrel, leaf, flower... all of it. It became a big joke. Hence the red bird.

My boys love me. I love them. They make every day worth the effort of putting on my big girl panties and being an adult. <3

No comments: